Podcasts, yet another undiscovered internet resource that I have yet to encounter. But what is the value of having an audio file when you could easily have a text file that says the same thing? Well, as educators we know better than anyone the need to differentiate learning. This is how I envision using podcast in my classroom:
A. I, like most of my students, am better at communicating verbally than textually. There is something comforting about conversation that is sometimes lost in writing. I can envision myself posting a podcast in my blackboard calender as a supplement to a lecture given in class for absent students.
B. I can see myself having students listen to a podcast in class, take notes on key points, and compare notes with classmates in order to learn how to take shorthanded notes during lecture. This would be especially useful for 9th graders who are just learning the ropes. Also, because it is a podcast we can go back and review the information to see how effective our notes were.
C. I would allow students to create their own podcast. They would probably be required to turn in a script as well, but I think it would help them learn valuable public speaking skills and communicate their ideas without getting bogged down by the technicality of writing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home